Reno, NV – Locally owned Medical Business Systems announces Iridium Suite’s ICD-10 compliance and its proprietary ICD-9 <> ICD-10 Crosswalk which helps its customers map ICD-9 diagnostic codes to their equivalent ICD-10 diagnostic codes and vice versa.
ICD-10 is the acronym for the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision. As of October 1, 2014, ICD-10 will replace the current ICD-9 codes, and ICD-9 codes will no longer be accepted. All HIPAA covered entities must make the change. HIPAA covered entities include: health care providers that are required to send or accept electronic transactions, clearing houses, and health plans. The use of ICD-9 codes on or after October 1, 2014 will result in medical claims being denied without payment.
Iridium Suite is capable of billing with ICD-10 diagnostic codes well in advance of the 2014 deadline.
ICD-10 expands the diagnostic code length from 5 digits to 7 alpha-numeric characters allowing for greater diagnostic specificity. The US version of ICD-10 contains up to 76,000 distinct diagnostic codes as compared with ICD-9’s 13,600 codes. Learning the new ICD-10 codes will be exceedingly difficult due to the number of codes and their lack of resemblance to the current ICD-9 codes.
Iridium Suite’s ICD-9<>ICD-10 Crosswalk helps its users bridge the gap when converting codes to ICD-10. System users simply enter the current ICD-9 code and the Crosswalk feature provides the corresponding ICD-10 code. Due to the increased specificity of ICD-10 codes, oftentimes the ICD-9 code will not directly translate to an ICD-10 code. In these cases, Iridium Suite provides the user with options which offer additional diagnostic detail in order to map the current ICD-9 code to the proper ICD-10 code or codes.
Iridium Suite is a leader in the medical billing software market. Iridium Suite’s customers experience unparalleled billing cycle automation and error prevention measures which result in improved staff productivity and increased claim reimbursement and cash flow. With Iridium Suite:
- Practices have access to fully integrated Real-Time Eligibility allowing direct online verification of patient’s insurance policy validity.
- Users are able to import patient data directly from the practice’s EMR/EHR reducing manual keying requirements.
- Iridium Suite’s automatic scrubber provides immediate feedback alerting medical billers when a charge is in violation of medical billing rules, helping practices bill claims correctly the first time.
- Using Iridium Suite’s fully integrated and automated electronic billing features, Iridium Suite customers are able to send claims and receive ERAs without having to interact with a third party system.
- Iridium Suite’s robust reporting module allows practices to analyze their fiscal health and clinical data through hundreds of easy-to-configure reports.
About Medical Business Systems
Medical Business Systems is an innovator in the field of medical billing software. Medical Business Systems was founded by a practicing physician. Its flagship product, Iridium Suite medical billing software, was developed in clinical setting. Iridium Suite features leading edge technology which benefits its users throughout the United States. For more information, please visit http://www.iridiumsuite.com
To learn more about Iridium Suite medical billing software, please contact:
Medical Business Systems